1. What is the minimum order?
£50.00 (excl. VAT and P&P) minimum order value.
There is no minimum quantity for individual products due to our new tiered pricing. Our pricing is tiered to benefit you, you can buy one piece (with a slightly higher price which reflects the cost of picking and packing those items under £5). Items above £5 remain the same. The more you buy of an item the more you'll save.
2. What is your delivery charge?
Please see delivery information here
3. What is your returns policy?
Please see returns information here
4. Do you have any retailers in my area? Do you offer exclusivity?
We do not offer exclusivity and we will be unable to share the locations of other retailers. We stock over 3,000 products across multiple categories which makes it unlikely that you will have exactly the same products as a store close by.
5. Do you have any representatives that can come and see me?
We are an online business so we do not have any reps, because of this we can be very competitive on price. Most of our customers order online or at trade shows. Please click here for a list of our upcoming trade shows. If you would like to talk to us about what styles are doing well or if you need more information, please call us on 01494 444 200.
6. I don’t have a VAT number, can I still order from you?
Yes. If you don’t currently have a VAT number you can still place an order with us. When you get a VAT number, please add it to your account details when you log in.
7. My business isn’t set up yet. Can I still register?
Yes. Please register your details to create an account. You can add in your business name at a later date.
8. What are your payment terms?
• Payment has to be received before any goods are reserved/dispatched. The items within your order will not be reserved until payment has been received.
• We accept direct bank transfers and credit/debit card payments as our preferred method.
• We only accept PayPal payments for those customers without other means. Please note we DO NOT accept e-cheques. PayPal levy high fees to payment recipients. We strongly suggest that you use other means where possible as we have had to introduce a 2% surcharge to cover a part of these fees.
• We must receive your payment by 12pm for the order to be dispatched the same day.
9. How do I make payment by paypal?
You need to complete two steps if you want to use PayPal.
• Select PayPal as the payment method, then submit your order. You will then see the PayPal homepage come up automatically.
• Complete your payment as normal.
We have to charge VAT as a VAT registered business, and pass these VAT amounts to HMRC.
VAT is charged according to current UK regulation at 20%. With your order you will receive a copy of your invoice which clearly states the net amount and VAT amount.
If you are a VAT registered business from other European country and can provide a VAT registration number which can be verified by HMRC in the UK, we will not charge VAT as long as the goods leave the UK. For non-VAT registered business or individual from other EU country, we have to charge VAT according to UK/EU regulation.
For business and individual outside EU, we will not charge VAT for goods sent by us outside of the EU.
If the order is being sent to a UK address and then being exported from the UK to a country outside of the EU we can provide a refund of the VAT provided we have proof of export from a registered shipping company. Please note we cannot refund VAT for goods shipped outside of the UK in personal luggage. Please contact us before placing an order if you intend to export your order.
11. Is our jewellery nickel free?
Yes. As a member of the British Jewellers Association, we have procedures in place to ensure every one of our products complies with the relevant EU regulations. A very small percentage of customers have had skin reactions to certain metal jewellery, even though those are nickel free. Our jewellery is also compliant with cadmium and lead regulations.
12. How to find products quickly?
If you know the product code you can search this in the search box at the top of the page. You can also search this way for colours, styles and trends. Alternatively you can filter results down the left hand side of the screen by ticking the desired product characteristics. To filter results by new characteristics untick the boxes you no longer require.
Having trouble finding what you are looking for? Call us on 01494 444 200 or use the instant chat function at the bottom of the homepage.
13. How to find whether or not there are any other colours for certain product codes?
Through the search box you can enter a product code, for example '59548'. If you wish to check if this product is available in other colour ways you can search for '5954' - this will list everything beginning with this product code, for example: 59547 and 59549.
Once you click on a product, in that product page any related products are displayed under the title 'You may also like'.
14. Out of stock items
From time to time there may be a discrepancy between the stock showing on our website and what is physically there when we go to pick the order. In this case we would offer you a credit note for use on your next order. We do not offer replacements or substitutes.
15. What's 3D secure and how can I use it?
Since May 2011, we have implemented the ‘Verified by Visa’ and ‘Mastercard Securecode’ scheme (sometimes called 3D secure). It is essentially an online ‘pin’ and is proven to improve online payment security for banks, merchants and customers like you.
The process changes will be follows:
1. Once you select ‘pay by card’ and confirm all the order details, click ‘continue’, you will go into a secure payment page hosted by Sagepay- one of the largest and recognized payment service providers in UK.
2. You will then select type of card, fill in the usual card details securely. Once completed click ‘next’ or ‘continue’, you will be prompted to fill in 3 randomly-selected digits of your chosen password (or sometimes a complete password) previously set up with your card issuing bank. Once payment has been made an order confirmation page will appear with details of your order and order number.
3. If you are not registered with your issuing bank yet, you would be prompted there and then to sign up this scheme and create your password immediately to finish this order. It is strongly recommended as more recognised ecommerce sites require this.
If you come across any issues or problems, please feel free to contact us or you can select ‘pay by bank transfer’ as the payment type to complete the order (therefore secure the stock), and ring us to pay over telephone within next day.
You could find more information about this 3D secure scheme online. Here is an in depth read from our merchant bank Streamline: www.streamline.com/downloads/InDepth_Guide.pdf
We are delighted to work with many successful clients for their own design products, ranging from own labels on Jewelcity existing products to specially designed commissions. Our expertise in product designs & development, manufacturing & critical path management, quality and compliance, and competitive offering has made many projects into long term relationships, and Jewelcity a reliable and innovative supplier.
17. Tiered Pricing
Jewelcity’s new tiered pricing feature offers you the flexibility to try new styles with less risk. You can now buy 1 piece of a style, at a slightly higher price. A pricing table is displayed in product details on the page of a product, this table indicates the tiers and price ranges. The new pricing means the more you buy of the same style the cheaper you will get that item. Tier 1 – Allows you to buy 1 piece at a higher price point Tier 2 – Original price of product that you may have seen on our previous site Tier 3 – 2% off tier 2 price Tier 4 – 5% off tier 2 price
Jewelcity now has a new filter feature with a large range of search options, making it easier for you to find exactly what you are looking for. Once you are in a category a large range of filters are displayed down the left side of the page. To narrow down your search simply tick the elements of the products you are interested in. Once ticked, the products with these elements are displayed. To begin a new search, ensure all previously selected elements are un-ticked.
19. Request a Return
Within your customer account there is now a new feature to request a return. This feature has been introduced to create a simple returns process for faulty or incorrect items. If you have received a faulty or incorrect item you can request a return for the specific product within your customer account online. To return an item, in your online customer account find and view the relevant order number under the order history section. Once opened there is a returns button next to each ordered item, this will bring up a returns request form. The return quantity, code and description fields will need to be filled in as well as supplying images of the items. Please then submit your request. The Jewelcity customer service team will receive this request and be in contact with you. Accepted requests will be credited, this is in the form of a store credit.
20. Store Credit
A store credit is now issued for all faulty and out of stock items. You will be notified via email when your credit is raised, your store credit is displayed in your customer account under the credit history tab, displayed here will be all store credits with details of the date raised and a reason. Your credit is also displayed under your name when you log in as ‘Current credit balance’. Your store credit will automatically deduct from the total of your next online order.